Applying for NBI clearance used to be a boring and time-consuming task. To get that significant paper, you need to wait in long queues that can take for almost an entire day. And it is even worse if you have to wait and return to pick up your clearance. Fortunately, things have changed. The NBI has turned digital, and the process has been improved. All you need is a mobile, a desktop or any electric devices with an internet connection. Continue reading to find out NBI clearance requirements 2022.
NBI Clearance Requirements
For the NBI clearance online applying process, you only need to have with you two government-issued IDs. You can choose two of these following valid IDs:
- PRC card
- PSA-issued birth certificate
- PhilHealth ID
- Voter’s ID
- Driver’s license
- TIN ID
- NBI Clearance’s old copy
- School ID
- Postal ID
- Senior Citizen ID
- Aliene Certificate of Registration
- Police clearance
In addition, your IDs should meet the NBI clearance requirements below:
- Original copy
- Good condition
- Clear photo of the applicant
- Still valid
Non-governmen-issued Ids like Barangay Clearance and company ID will be rejected for NBI Clearance application.
How to apply for NBI clearance application online Philippines
This guide is for first time applicants as well as those who have their NBI clearance issued before 2014. If your NBI clearance is issued from 2014 to 2018, you will need to renew it instead.
Step 1: Registering for an NBI Clearance account online
1. Go to the NBI Clearance website.
2. On the Register box, you need to tick the No box next to the question Do you have an old NBI clearance?
3. The NBI Clearance Online Account Registration form will appear on the screen. Fill that out.
4. Tick the box to accept terms of service.
5. Click Sign Up. You will see an Important Reminder box. Review your information before clicking the Yes button.
6. After you see a confirmation, you can log in to your account with your email and password.
7. Fill out the NBI Clearance registration form. Click Save Information once you are done.
8. Check your information again. Click Edit Information if you want to make changes and click Save Information again to save.
9. Click Apply for Clearance.
10. Enter the valid ID on the Confirmation box, the one that you will present for your application. While in this step, you are asked for only one ID, you will still have to bring with you two valid IDs for your appointment.
11. Click I Agree to proceed.
Step 2: Book an NBI Clearance online appointment
When your registration for NBI Clearance online is complete, you will see an Online appointment page popping up. From the drop-down menu, you can select the branch you want to visit and submit your application for NBI clearance Philippines.
There is a calendar that shows open slots in blue color. Red-colored boxes are holidays where the branch is closed.
Choose the date and time that you want to visit the branch.
Where can you submit your NBI Clearance application Philippines?
If you are living in Metro Manila, there are several branches that you can select. If you don’t live in Metro Manila, you can also find provincial branches in the menu.
That means you won’t have to travel to Manila if you are living in Cavite or Laguna. Below are some NBI branches in the city where you can visit including the main office on U.N. Avenue in Ermita.
- Bermal Mall, Baclaran, Paranaque City
- Alimall Araneta Cneter, Cubao, Quezon City
- Duty Free Fiesta Mall, Paranaque City
- Choice Market, Ortigas, Pasig City
- LRT North Mall, CAloocan City
- SM Centre Point, Las Pinas City
- Starmall Alabang, Muntinlupa City
- Marikina riverbank, Marikina city
- Shilpost Manila, Liwasang Bonifaciio, Manila
- Shaw Center Mall, Addition Hills, Mandaluyong
- Quezeon City Hall, Makatarungan Street, Diliman
- POEA, EDSA corner Ortigas Extension, Mandaluyong
- Robinson Novaliches II
- Rizal District Office, Brgy San Isidro, Taytay, Rizal
- Robinson’s Galleria
- Robin’s Cainta
- Robinson’s Otis, Paco, Manila
- Robinson’s Metro East, Marcos Hi-way Pasig
- Robinson’s Place Ermita
Step 3: Make your payment for NBI Clearance fees
There are several paying methods that you can choose.
- Online bank
- Bank over the counter
- Bayad Center
Besides NBI clearance, it is also important to have an SSS number. If you haven’t had an SSS number yet, here is how to get an SSS ID.
How much does it cost for NBI Clearance?
Regardless of the purpose, the fee for NBI Clearance is P130 plus an e-payment service system fee of P25. So in total, you will need to pay P155.
Besides this fee, you may be charged an additional payment processing service fee by the payment center.
How can you pay for your NBI Clearance fee?
1. At the Appointment page, you will find on the right side your preferred payment option.
2. A reference number as well as the total amount will be shown in the Payment box. Take note your reference number before clicking Accept.
3. Visit the nearest branch that you select.
4. Use your reference number to pay the fee.
5. To check if the payment is successfull, sign into your online account. On the left menu, click Transactions. The status will show Paid rather than Pending.
Step 4: NBI Clearance application processing
1. Visit the NBI clearance branch on your appointment date with your two valid IDs.
2. Go to the Image Capture and Biometric area and present your reference number.
3. Have your fingerprint, photo, and digital signature taken.
4. You will be able to view your information on a computer screen. Make sure that there is no mistake.
5. Go to the Printing area and wait for your NBI Clearance.
That is all you need to know regarding NBI clearance requirements 2022. For more how-to articles, check out TechiestuffPH.com.