If recently you have had the chance to travel to the south or north of the Metro, you have probably found yourself in a long queue before the toll gates. This isn’t surprising considering that important highways, SLEX and NLEX in particular, are shifting to 100% cashless transactions. You may have many questions that need to be answered. To simplify things for you, we at Techiestuffph.com have prepared this guide on Autosweep vs Easytrip.
With the COVID-19 pandemic still raging, the government is continually searching for methods to protect its citizens. Besides shutting down offices, schools, and nonessential establishments, the government has ordered all motorists to have an RFID. This sticker will help prevent the transmission of the virus since it enables contactless transactions.
Unfortunately, due to the enormous number of cars traveling on the highway, many car owners have not registered for one. If you are by chance one of these people, make sure you get it as soon as possible. The deadline hasn’t been stated. You’d better hurry or you might have to pay hefty fines later.
Autosweep RFID vs Easytrip
In this piece of the latest stories, we are going to talk about RFIDs. NLEX is operated by the Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC) while the San Miguel Corporation (SMC) is in charge of the operation of SLEX. To get through the toll gates on these two highways, you need to get RFIDs from these two organizations to travel quickly and safely.
What is RFID?
RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification. These stickers use electromagnetic fields for vehicle identifying and tracking. The RFID device consists of a radio receiver, transmitter, and transponder.
When a vehicle with an RFID sticker passes through a tollgate, digital data is transmitted from the sticker to the reader, resulting in a payment. With this, a cashier won’t have to have any physical intervention. You need to figure out which RFID a particular expressway is registered to.
Autosweep by SMC
- South Luzon Expressway (SLEX)
- Tarlac-Pansagasinan-La Union Expressway (TPLEX)
- STAR Tollway
- NAIA Expressway (NAIAX)
Easytrip by MPTC
- Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX)
- North Luzon Expressway (NLEX)
- Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX)
- Cavite-Manila Expressway (Cavitex)
- C5 Southlink
Where you can get an RFID?
You should now know which highways are under Easystrip or Autosweep’s management. The next thing you need to know is where you can get these RFIDs?
- TPLEX Tarlac Main Office northbound, SLEX
- Eton Toll Plaza northbound, SLEX
- After Calamba Entry Toll Plaza, SLEX
- Southwoods Toll Plaza northbound, SLEX
- NAIAX Drive-Thru westbound, Skyway/NAIAX
- C5 Customer Service Center southbound, Skyway/NAIAX
- Laguna Technopark Toll Plaza, CALAX
- Laguna Boulevard Toll Plaza, CALAX
- Mamplasan-Greenfield Customer Service Center, CALAX
- Taguig Toll Plaza, C5 South Link
- Marville Toll, C5 South Link
- CIC Customer Service northbound and southbound, Cavitex
- Balintawak Lane, Lane N10, NLEX
- Bocaue Barrier Lane, Lane X01, NLEX
Where you should install your RFID Sticker?
There is no difference of Autosweep and Easytrip in terms of sticker installation. You can stick your RFID in three locations on your vehicle.
- Headlight: If the sticker you get is a transparent one, you can stick it to your headlight.
- Windshield: This is an ideal spot because the sensors are placed right above and on the sides of the tollbooth.
- License plate: You can also attach your RFID sticker on top of the front license plate.
How to check balance and where to top-up?
You can load your RFID balance for Autosweep and Easytrip at a reloading center like SM or 7-11 or via their designated kiosks right on the highway. But because of the COVID-19 pandemic, use digital methods instead of physical loading stations.
Autosweep RFID vs Easytrip RFID: Balance Inquiry
Follow these steps to check your balance.
Via Mobile App
Step 1: Visit www.autosweeprfid.com
Step 2: Follow the instruction popping up and start your download.
Step 3: Open the app and register or sign in using your RFID details.
Step 4: Tap on the button for balance.
Step 1: After getting your RFID sticker, visit www.autosweeprfid.com to register its details.
Step 2: Log in using your details and head to “Enrolled Accounts.”
Step 3: Click on the “Balance” button.
Send a message in this format AUTOSWEEP <space> BALINQ <space> Plate Number to 0917860766
Via Mobile App
Step 1: Download and install the Easytrip app
Step 2: Register your information and log in to your account. Add to your profile your vehicle details. Then you can click save.
Step 3: Click your account or vehicle to see your balance.
Step 1: After registering, go to https://easytrip.reload.ninja
Step 2: Log in using your Easytrip account number to see your current balance
Where to load your balance?
You can reload your accounts electronically for both Autosweep and Easytrip
- China Bank
- EON by UnionBank
- Union Bank
If you haven’t had a GCash account, here is how to register for GCash.
- EON by UnionBank
- Smart Money
Autosweep Vs Easytrip: Verdict
While it can be tedious to line up to register for an RFID, it is for your own good. Not only RFIDs offer you convenience, but they also protect you from being exposed to COVID-19. That is all you need to know regarding Autosweep vs Easytrip.