Mentioning an international digital wallet, we can not ignore PayPal – one of the most viral payment platforms. However, it might be frustrating if users would convert PayPal balance to a national bank account, especially for Filipinos who usually have trouble with PayPal usage.
The introduction of the GCash app helps us withdraw money from PayPal easily and conveniently. This post will share a guide for how to transfer money from PayPal to GCash. Let’s get started!
What Is GCash?
GCash is a top concern for an e-wallet in the Philippines. No matter where you are living, you can install the GCash app via your smartphone or tablet connected to wifi or a mobile network. With just one click to top-up your GCash e-wallet, it can instantly do all financial transactions including paying bills, purchasing goods and services, sensing or receiving money.
GCash is also a partner of a lot of physical shoppers in the Philippines. Instead of traditional payment methods such as cash or bank, you scan their in-store QR codes by clicking the scanning option in the GCash app to pay bills.
On top of that, GCash can make international transactions thanks to transferring money from GCash to Papal wallet and visa.
How To Link Your PayPal Account To GCash
First, you should step in linking your PayPal to a GCash account by following the step-by-step instructions below:
- Access to GCash app on your device
- At the upper left of your screen, click Profile and then open My linked accounts
- On the My linked accounts menu, select Papal to link.
- Tap on Authorize and log in your PayPal credentials.
Note: In this step, you should type your Papal email account linking to GCash.
- Verify one-times code
- Press the Close and Continue button to receive successful confirmation from Papay to your SMS or email in just a moment.
How To Transfer Money From PayPal To GCash
After linking PayPal to GCash, you can transfer money from PayPal to GCash.
- Log in GCash app
- At the bottom left of the screen, click the Cash-in icon and then select PayPal to GCash
- Tap on the green plus to select currency balance from the Cash in from box and input the amount you wish to transfer
- Type your desired amount and then press the Next button
- Confirm your wish to proceed
- If the transaction is successful, you will receive a notification via SMS and email account.
How To Transfer Money From Gcash To PayPal
What about the reverse way? How to transfer money to paypal from gcash? Of course, it can completely go cash-in throughout Papal.
Step 1: Link your Paypal account to GCash wallet.
Note: Keep an eye on “How to link your PayPal account to GCash”.
Step 2: Transfer money from GCash to a secondary PayPal account.
- Login Papal and then tap on send icon at Send & Request on the main menu
- Type your secondary Papal email and then press Next
- Input the sending amount. Remember to check the current currency that you want to convert.
- Click on Continue
- Among a list of cards shown, you should choose G-XCHANGE Bank, which is a member of GCash
- Click Next to proceed
Note: Make sure GCash balance is enough to top up the PaPal wallet consisting of PayPal fee.
- Select Send Payments Now. Now your GCash wallet was deducted, so you should re-check your secondary PayPal account to ensure your money transfer.
Step 3: Transfer money from a secondary to a primary PayPal account.
- Sign in to the secondary PayPal account.
- On the Paypal menu, select Send then input your primary PayPal email. Then tap on Next to proceed.
- On the recipient’s currency tab, you change the currency from US dollars to Philippine pesos. Following that, the peso amount on secondary PayPal accounts is exactly sent.
- Click Continue to open Choose a way to send money. There are two options available including Personal and Purchase. In the case of local sending, you should select Personal because of no charging fee. And press Continue
- Tap on PayPal Balance and then click Next.
- Re-check your sending amount and click Sent Payment Now to complete. Now PayPal will send an email to notify you that your fund transfer is successful.
How Long Does It Take To Transfer Money From Paypal To Gcash
Talking about how many days to transfer money from paypal to gcash? PayPal will maximumly take you 24 hours to transfer money from your GCash wallet, meaning less than one day. To ensure this time, your PayPal account should have a link to GCash.
So with all of that information in mind, GCash and PayPal transactions do not take too much effort to transfer. Hopefully, you can grasp how to transfer money from PayPal to GCash via this post.
Do not forget to link your PayPal account to GCash before transferring funds from PayPal to GCash wallet and visa within 24 hours.
For more tech guides, you can follow our posts on Techiestuffph!