Life is uncertain. One day you may be healthy and the next day you may fall sick. It is expensive to apply for medical emergency health insurance if you aren’t working for a private company or government office that offers health maintenance organization (HMO) coverage. This is why it is critical to have a PhilHealth membership. In this comprehensive guide, we will show you to become a voluntary member of PhilHealth and how to fill in a PhilHealth Contribution Form.
With a PhilHealth membership, you can apply for a personal loan to pay for your medical expenses. It also protects you from unexpected bills. When enrolling as a voluntary member of PhilHealth, you can enjoy the same benefits as employees even if you are unemployed, self-employed, or working overseas.
Who can become a voluntary member of PhilHealth?
Any Filipino who isn’t a senior citizen, sponsored member, or indigent member and doesn’t work with a fixed employment term can become a PhilHealth paying member.
Qualified voluntary PhilHealth members are classified as members in the informal economy. They include:
- Self-employed citizens who make a living as doctors, lawyers, entrepreneurs, and freelancers with income generated from their business or profession.
- OFWs: undocumented or documented Fillipino workers living and working abroad.
- Informal sector workers: these are people who work in the informal economy such as tricycle and jeepney drivers, market and street vendors as well as small construction workers.
- Dual citizens: these are Filipinos who are citizens of another country.
- Naturalized Filipino citizens: these are foreigners who have been grated Filipino citizenship through naturalization.
- Expats: these are foreign workers living in the Philippines with valid Alien Certificate of Registrations or working permits.
What are the requirements for PhilHealth Voluntary Membership?
For PhilHealth membership registration as well as dependent enrollment, there is no need to submit supporting documents like marriage contracts or birth certificates.
To become a voluntary member, all you need is complete a PhilHealth Member Registration Form.
How to register and become a PhilHealth voluntary member
Step 1: Visit the nearest PhilHealth Express outlet or Local Health Insurance Office.
Step 2: Complete two PMRF copies.
Step 3: Signed the forms and submit them.
Step 4: Wait to get the PhilHealth Member ID card as well as Member Data Record
Step 5: Use your PhilHealth ID number to make voluntary payment for PhilHealth.
If you make P25,000 or less than that each month, you must pay P200 monthly, P600 quarterly or P2,400 annually. If you make more than P25,000 per month, the amount of money that you will have to pay will be P300 monthly, P900 quarterly, and P3,600 annually.
How to register for PhilHealth Voluntary Membership online
Step 1: Visit eregister.philhealth.gov.ph
Step 2: Click PROCEED
Step 3: Read through the Terms and Conditions before ticking the small box and clicking Accept.
Step 4: Fill in the online registration form with the required information.
Step 5: Upload your document in pdf, jpeg, png, or gif format (optional).
Step 6: Before clicking Submit Registration, you need to enter the Captcha code and tick the small box below.
Step 7: You will receive an email with instruction to complete your membership application. Remember to save the transaction number.
You can also check your contribution online, check out our article on How can I check my Philhealth contribution online.
How to apply for PhilHealth voluntary membership as an OFW
If you aren’t residing in the Philippines, there are three options to become a member of PhilHealth.
1. Visit any Ventaja Corporation and iRemit branch.
2. Use the online registration system of PhilHealth.
3. Download and print the PMRF, fill it with the required information and sent it to [email protected]
No matter which method you choose, you will have to pay P2,400 as an annual PhilHealth contribution voluntary payment. If you have any requests or questions, you can contact the Overseas Filipino Program of PhilHealth via email ([email protected] or [email protected]), OFW landline (02 441 7442) or mobile phone (63917 512 9149).
That is all you need to know regarding how to become a voluntary member of PhilHealth and how to fill in PhilHealth contribution form. For more how-to articles, check out TechiestuffPH.com.